Thursday, February 10, 2011

Excel - How to Round Data Labels in Charts

Here's how to change your chart labels from actual data to something like $1K.


Apply it by right-clicking the data label and going to the number tab, then in the Custom category. Type $0,"k" in the "type" box and hit OK. 


[If using Microsoft 2007, then click on the "Format" tab, "Format Selection", "Number" and then type into "Format Code" box: $0,"k".]


Jon Peltier (first link below) has a great page of information about number formats, and he spells out thousands, millions, etc., specifically toward the bottom of the page. The Office Online article will also give you a good overview so you can understand what's going on with the dollar sign and the K inside quotation marks. Thanks to Echo S.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP012165031033.aspx?pid=CH100... "

5 comments:

  1. Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up
    and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly.
    I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried
    it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire
    someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm
    looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where
    u got this from. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a data!

    present here at this website, thanks admin of this site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for
    this site? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had
    problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform.
    I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do note the last link is no longer active. It was active 9 years ago! Thanks again. -bs

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...