- Click the Start Button
- Type “msconfig” in the search box
- Select “msconfig”
- A “System Configuration” window will open
- Select the “Boot” tab in the Boot Options section
- Check the “Safe Boot/Minimal” check box
- This will put you in “Safe Mode” with large icons and “Safe Mode” showing on all four corners of the screen (you may have to enter your password to get in).
- Complete whatever your task is (possibly Restart again), then go back to “msconfig”, and uncheck the “Safe Boot” box, and restart. Should boot normally.
Thanks to How to Geek and Larry!This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. This post has been scraped in violation of that license if you are reading this post on other than http://www.digital-qa.blogspot.com/.