Problem: Windows cannot open "add printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine.
- Click Start.
- Type services.msc in the start search box and press enter.
- Right click on print spooler and click on properties.
- Check if the startup type is automatic. If it is not then change it to automatic.
- Check if the service status is stopped. If yes then click on the start button.
- Click OK to cancel out of the Properties box.
- In the left panel back on the Services page click Restart
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. This post has been scraped in violation of that license if you are reading this post on other than http://www.digital-qa.blogspot.com/.