- Go to www.google.com. If Google is not your search engine, it will ask you (at the top of the web page) if you would like to make Google your default search engine, select 'Yes'.
- Next I would do the following steps (although you don't have to):
- Open internet explorer
- Click on tools
- Select internet options
- In general tab, and under search tab, click on settings
- Click on search providers
- You should see Google selected as the default if you did step #1 above.
- Highlight the bing search engine and then select remove
- Click on close and then ok
- Restart explorer
And if you're on IE 10.0:
Select the Gear icon, then Manage Add-Ons, then Search Providers. From there, you should be able to select Google as your default service.