- In Mail view, select "Deleted Items" folder
- Go to "Recover" tab, then select "Recover Deleted Items" icon
- Here you'll see all your deleted mail, tasks, etc.
- Sort the most recently deleted items to the top by clicking on the "Deleted" header twice (sometimes I sort by Subject if I remember what I named it)
- Highlight the item you want to recover and click the "Recover Selected Item" icon in the top left corner
- Then, close the dialog box and go to your Deleted Items folder and drag the task to the task section (NOTE, in Outlook 2010 recovered items go to the Deleted Items folder - NOT back to the original location)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. This post has been scraped in violation of that license if you are reading this post on other than http://www.digital-qa.blogspot.com/.