A VPN is a subscription software that encrypts web traffic to/from your device.
VPN companies I'm currently researching*:
- PrivateWiFi.com ($85/year)
- Private Internet Access ($7/month, $40/year)
- proXPN ($10/mo)
- WiTopia ($50/yr to $70/yr)
- Why You Should Start Using a VPN (via Lifehacker.com)
- How VPNs Work (via howstuffworks.com)
Check out more tips for Identity Theft prevention (and available insurance to help if you do become a victim):
10 Great Tips for Identity Theft Prevention (via @digital-qa.blogspot.com)
6/1 Update... I like these tips too:
9 Tips to Stay Safe on Public WiFi (via blog.laptopmag.com)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. This post has been scraped in violation of that license if you are reading this post on other than http://www.digital-qa.blogspot.com/.