- Go to Google Voice (www.google.com/voice/).
- Click on the icon that looks like a gear in the upper left corner.
- Click Settings.
In addition to forwarding calls, you can also indicate things such as:
- Email a message that a call was received to an email address (This is what I do. It includes the telephone number and a link to a Voicemail if one was left).
- Send a text message that a call was received (I do this too.)
- Record a new Voicemail greeting, or your name
- Change the PIN for accessing your Voicemail (Settings, "Voice & Text")
- Choose to have your Voicemails transcribed ("Google Voice can automatically transcribe your new voicemail messages and send you the transcript to the email address and the SMS number you added in the 'Notifications' section")
All for no charge (from Google)!
To retrieve your Google Voicemails, simply call your Google number and key in your PIN. If you need a new PIN, see above.