- Click on the Start Button and type in Regedit and hit Enter.
- Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
- Right click on Advanced and select New DWORD and name the new value "ExtendedUIHoverTime".
- Right click on ExtendedUIHoverTime and select Modify.
- Switch to Decimal base and enter in your new number. The default is 400 milliseconds. I like to set mine to 100 for a 100 millisecond delay. (Digital Q&A: 20000 is right for me).
- Once changed click OK and restart the explorer process or restart your computer.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Windows 7 - Adjust Taskbar Hover Delay
Here is how to adjust the amount of time you need to hover over the taskbar button before the preview (or button text appears). I found that the hover time was too short out of the box.