- First copy (CTRL+C) this URL (you'll use it later): C:\Users\rls\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch (put your username in place of "rls").
- Right click on the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar".
- Right click on the Taskbar again and select "Toolbars", then "New Toolbar" and Paste the above URL into the space beside "Folder", then click "Select Folder".
- Look all the way on the right of the Taskbar, you'll see the new "Quick Launch" toolbar. Click and hold on the words "Quick Launch" on the new Taskbar and when the cursor turns into a cross, drag it all the way to the left of the Taskbar.
- Right click the words "Quick Launch" and uncheck both Show Text and Show Title.
- Stretch the Quick Launch toolbar as long as you want it.
- Lock toolbars again.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Add a Quick Launch to Left Side of Taskbar in Windows 7